Dr. Mona Amin (@pedsdoctalk), as seen in The Paris Dress below, is a Board Certified Pediatrician and mama-to-be. She shared her top 5 tips for staying healthy and feeling great while pregnant. Talk about #momgoals!
Here she shares 5 tips on how to look and feel your best:
1. Exercise regularly: I do a combination of prenatal yoga and HIT 2-3 times/week. Gives me more energy and keeps my body active and prepared for the physical demands of labor
2. Drink a lot of water and nothing else. I don't drink caffeine and rarely drink sugary beverages. Water and tons of it.
3. I nourish for two and don't eat for two. Which means I really limit processed food. I snack on veggies, nuts, and fruit. I definitely indulge in cravings here and there but it's mostly a rare occasion. This makes me feel better, limits heartburn, and gives me more energy.
4. Meditation every morning helps me feel more relaxed during the day.
5. Hypnosis birthing: I started doing this a week ago. It has been a huge source of stress reduction, has reduced my fatigue, and has helped me sleep better. I listen to these tracks every night (fall asleep to it) and now on my lunch break. It helps to reset the mind and eliminate stress and prepare for labor.
How Dr. Mona described The Paris Dress:
"I just love love love it! It's the perfect material and so stretchy. I am so in love. Can't wait to wear it after. It was so so comfortable. I felt so beautiful...even more and that's just so amazing."